Part-Time Program Coordinator
Part-Time Program Coordinator
CASA OF MIDDLESEX COUNTY MISSION: CASA of Middlesex County is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving abused and neglected children who are living in out-of-home placements. CASA recruits and trains volunteers to advise the courts and advocate for the children’s best interests.
THE POSITION: The Part-Time Program Coordinator works 24 hours per week. They coach and support volunteer Peer Coaches and volunteer Advocates to oversee and implement the CASA Program. Under the Program Coordinator’s guidance, CASA volunteers investigate a child’s life and advocate for their safety, permanency and wellbeing.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE VOLUNTEER ADVOCATES AND PEER COACHES:
· Introduce case to assigned Peer Coach and Advocate and notify Court (prepare order) of case assignment.
· Provide coaching, support and motivation as necessary to maintain and enhance advocacy; contact all Peer Coaches and Advocates at least monthly.
· Review and approve Advocate court reports and finalize and distribute to Court.
· Thoroughly track court hearing dates, case information and volunteer data via the CASA database; monitor and support Advocate database use, ensuring Advocate activities are properly conducted and recorded.
· Attend court hearings and interviews with children, families and professionals as needed.
· Conduct annual reviews with Advocates and Peer Coaches.
· Consult with the Program Director regarding Peer Coach and Advocate performance concerns and follow through with disciplinary action if necessary.
· Notify Peer Coaches of conferences, seminars and meetings as appropriate.
· Provide coverage for Peer Coaches at meetings and hearings as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE PROGRAM:
· Support the goals of the program as established by the Board and stated in the Strategic Plan and by the Executive Director.
· Assist with volunteer recruitment, screening, interviewing, and training as necessary. Participate in the Peer Coach identification, screening, and training process.
· Participate in the delivery of new volunteer trainings, Peer Coach trainings and continuing education trainings for volunteers.
· Assist with the case assignments for volunteers.
· Sort court records and distribute documents to the Peer Coach and Advocate; upload relevant information into CASA’s database.
· Serve as a liaison between the CASA program and strategic partners including the court, attorneys, the NJ Division of Children and Families, and service providers.
· Identify with the Program Director a specialty of interest to pursue that will improve the quality of advocacy provided by CASA.
· Become familiar with National CASA and NJ Judiciary Best Practices Standards as well as CASA Policies and Procedures.
· Notify the Program Director of critical events with volunteers and cases.
· Other duties as assigned by the Program Director or Executive Director.
We’re an equal opportunity employer who values diverse backgrounds and life experiences. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
SALARY: $21 - $23/hr depending on experience
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to Lauren Sikora at Lauren@casaofmiddlesexcounty.org. No phone calls please.